Monday, May 11, 2009

nigel and lily embracing at sunrise and sunset

oil painting on birch panel
10 inches square
sold


oil painting on birch panel
10 inches square
sold

i could paint nigel and lily again and again and nothing else and be quite happy for some time. i love how such tiny changes in the angles of their heads create such a different feel from piece to piece, i love how people connect with the image, i love the unabashed prettiness of it but mainly i think i just love painting the pattern on her dress.

'

3 comments:

Maria Confer said...

Just gorgeous! It's amazing how a slight tilt of the head can convey such a different emotion.

Rowena said...

These are great. I love the idea of painting the same character again and again. I mean, I kind of do with Flying Girl, but they aren't really "characters" more archetypes.

Luckily we can do anything with the world inside of a painting.

Ana Gonzalez said...

I like your prominent figures but I like very much also the landscapes. I am charmed with them for this variety of colors and textures.